Thursday, December 1, 2011

Freedom Writers Conflict

In my freshman year of college, I created a profile of Erin Gruwell because she has always been a role model of mine. I was required to write a paper for this project and when my teacher handed back my revisions of the project, she brought up that their was conflict with the Freedom Writers. She brought up that many people believe that this is not possible to recreate because that Ms. Gruwell followed her students throughout the school systems. My first reaction was that of utter disbelief, having someone tell you that of someone who is such a role model to you takes you back.

After much research and even more research with this blog, I have shown that this can be recreated. The Freedom Writers Foundation is showing this recreation across the country and sharing success stories. Many teachers are being trained in this curriculum and have been trained and that is sharing this wonderful idea with so many teachers and schools around the country.

Yes, I may be a little bias to this teaching style, but I am a fan and I do believe that this works wholeheartedly. Erin Gruwell has inspired me to be a teacher in the future and I would love to help children just like she did. I want to be a person who changes the lives of children for the better and helps them do what they want to do in their lives. That is the best teacher that their ever will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment